Yep...I get to live here

Monday, November 22, 2010

365-40 through 45 Creating memories

My goal with my family has been to create good memories. We've taken a lot of vacations instead of buying new furniture, for example. Our coaches were 24  years old before we bought new ones. Our dining set was our wedding gift to each other.

I guess that's why I love photography. I love to capture moments, whether scenes created by God or memories we've created for ourselves.

The other day I was driving along in the rain when the sun suddenly broke through. I hurriedly put the car visor down and fumbled for my sunglasses. I grumbled that the sun was blinding me as it reflected off the wet pavement. Then I turned into the store parking lot and behold! A gorgeous rainbow. I nabbed the first spot I saw, away from the crowded part of the lot. I was so glad I had my camera with me! It was a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness.

365-40
A promise remembered


365-41
No words!

This next photo is probably one of the worse photographs of me (except perhaps one of me eating with my tongue sticking way out!), but the moment is a treasure.
365-42
A treasured moment

If you are a Sonlighter, you'll remember the elk dogs of Om-Kas-Toe. The Blackfoot Indian tribe were not familiar with horses, so when they saw them for the first time, they referred to them as "elk dogs". The animal was large like a elk, but followed man around like a dog.

I often refer to my Tennessee Walker, Courage, as an elk dog because he will follow me around. I never tire of looking at him!
365-43
Elk dog

This dog is not the kind I would want to encounter in the wild. This one is actually at Cabela's sporting goods store, where we spent the afternoon of my son's 20th birthday. He looks very real to me! This image was taken with my iPhone.

365-44
Nice doggie?

My husband generally walks our dog Charlotte each morning. It was so nice outside this morning, I took her myself. I was greeted by the moon, still full in the sky and close to setting. 

365-45
Moonset

So, dear reader, make time to make some memories and to slow down and enjoy God's creation!


9 comments:

  1. NIce week of shots! Love all the animals ones and the moon shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your photo diary! Pam C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rainbow, baby, and moon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such beautiful shots, LOVE the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moon shot is very nice! All are great. Thanks for sharing your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures with your colorful descriptions of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time to sign up for the 2011 Project! http://mommytography365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed you up...just start posting when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be your contact person for the Mommytography 2011 365 Project. Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, etc

    ReplyDelete