Yep...I get to live here

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Do I want to be imitated?

My current Bible study of the book of Philippians has led me to do some soul searching.

In Philippians 3:17, Paul instructs them to follow his example: "Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us. " 1 Corinthians 4:16 echoes the command. 1 Corinthians 11:1 elaborates: "Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ."

The believers at Thessalonica seemed to have a handle on this. They were already imitating Paul, Silvanus, and Tmothy (1 Thess:6-7), who imitated Christ. In turn, they became an example to the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia.

This leads me to the thought: "Do I want to be imitated? Am I imitating Christ?"

No comments:

Post a Comment