Yep...I get to live here

Thursday, October 7, 2010

365-12

"Camouflage and adaptation"
aka a short science lesson

With the new season comes change in temperature. Some of us are better adapted than others. I grew up in South Florida and would have thought this to be winter weather and thus bundled up. Now I just don a light jacket or something similar...if even that.

My Dalmatian, Dana, does not adapt well. She sheds year-round. Her job is to populate every dark object in her environment with her white hair. Years ago, a pastor's wife was walking behind me and declared, "Theresa, next time consider a coat color other than black." That coat is probably 20 years old by now and it still hair on it.

Dana gets cold easily, even inside. I bought one of those cuddly fleece blankets with a cute snowflake print and it has been claimed by Dana. It suits her well and provides adequate camouflage, don't you think?


2 comments:

  1. LOL - that is adorable... our Dalmatian shed so bad too... but when we used the furmenator it wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandparents had dalmations - my dad always had samoyeds... they just shed white all year around. Great camouflage however :)

    ReplyDelete