Yep...I get to live here

Monday, October 11, 2010

365-14 "Twenty-seven million"

Part of my work with  Compassion International is to volunteer at Christian concerts where the child sponsorship program is being presented. This week Tenth Avenue North came to Morgantown, WV. Their burden is for the children all around the world caught up in the human trafficking trade. I was shocked to learn that there are 27,000,000 slaves worldwide. Compassion is working to free children from slavery and poverty in the name of Jesus.

This is not a great photo, but the message is important. You can sponsor a child here


4 comments:

  1. My heart yearns to sponsor more, but we are maxed out financially to do anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try hard to ensure I only buy from companies that check where their suppliers and manufacturers source from... Slavery is scary but is also close to home, in the UK and the US not just abroad in foreign parts :(

    ReplyDelete