Yep...I get to live here

Saturday, October 2, 2010

365-7 "Tea with Mom"

Emily, my maternal grandmother, was English. My mother, Lucy, passed on the love for tea with sugar and milk to me. I have many fond memories of drinking a cuppa in the afternoon while I was living at home. Mom, now 96, is in a nursing home, so those days are gone. Mom has given  me many of her English bone china cups and saucers and I treasure them. One must drink hot tea from a bone china cup with saucer. There simply is no other way. It simply does not taste the same from a mug.

I have added to my cup and saucer collection a little bit. When we were in England in May of 2009, Kevin chose a set from Harrod's in London as a gift for me. We also purchased some English tea bags, which have turned out to be my favorite.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous! We are tea sippers here, too! (especially having 5 daughters...hehe and all the 'tea parties').

    How exciting to meet another Compassion sponsor!! I wish I could sponsor more but alas, we've hit our max right now but I look through all their pictures all the time and pray for all the others. BTW, what is a Compassion Advocate?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Compassion Advocate helps find sponsors for children. Training is provided and an advocate can participate on http://www.compassion.com/share/volunteer/default.htm levels. My primary focus is working at the Compassion tables at events, e.g. concerts by artists who promote Compassion Int'l. I also host Compassion Sunday at my church. There is information on the Compassion web site here:

    www.compassion.com/share/volunteer/default.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Great-Aunts had tea cups very similar to that - gorgeous colours/patterns.

    And so different to Wookie's mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to get here before now, but just didn't have much time to read and post a comment. WELCOME to 365!
    I love tea cups and tea pots. Have many, I have actually ran out of storage room, so I am telling people, "Please, no more teacups" :(
    You are absolutely right, tea tastes so much better out of Bone China.
    I have a lovely tea canister from Harrods.
    Love your header picture.
    Blessings,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete