Yep...I get to live here

Monday, October 25, 2010



In 1840, William Snodgrass erected a log building about 300 yards from his house for specific use as a schoolhouse and a church. Three separate school buildings were to occupy the same level, one-acre site over the next 100 years or so. The log school was succeeded by a frame building with board-and-batten siding of white poplar, painted a dark red, which was in turn succeeded, in 1871, by the 23' by 26' white frame schoolhouse now on the campus of Fairmont State University.
We discovered the schoolhouse when we were letterboxing

3 comments:

  1. I used to live in one of those! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I love stumbling upon these finds. I wish schools still looked that cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shot. We have a museum here in town that has a school like this. I agree with Lynn.
    blessings,
    katia

    ReplyDelete